Deadline for applications closed February 5th – we are not accepting any more at this time.
Thanks for your interest!
New for the 2018 season, Berthoud Local is looking to hire a part time, seasonal Market Director!
Overview: The Berthoud Local Farmers Market is run by the not-for- profit Berthoud Local and is located in Fickel Park in downtown Berthoud. The market offers locally produced food, arts, and crafts in a friendly small town setting every Saturday morning from the end of June through the end of September. We are seeking a Market Director to oversee market operations throughout the season. Hours: Seasonal position with a variation in hours. March through mid June, 8-12 hours a week. Late June through September, 15-20 hours a week. Early October, 8-10 hours a week.
Compensation: Pay rate $15 per hour, paid monthly
Responsibilities: Including but not limited to
- Create and grow healthy relationships with vendors, entertainers, customers, and community members.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate market volunteers – Delegate tasks as needed.
- Expand customer and vendor base through PR strategies and creative marketing. Theme Days? Day Sponsors?
- Enforce market policies and procedures.
- Resolve conflicts among customers and vendors.
- Maintain required paperwork including park permits, liquor licensing, and vendor registrations.
- Oversee set-up of Berthoud Local booth and manage market day activities including vendor booth layout, entertainment, demonstrations and special events.
- Manage and track all market monies: including vendor fees, vendor sales reports, EBT/DUFB transactions, and Berthoud Local booth sales and donations.
- Report income to the Treasurer and Market Steering Committee Weekly.
- Track and Inventory Berthoud Local sale items including t-shirts and tote bags.
Reporting Relationship: The Market Director will work closely with the Berthoud Local Market Steering Committee, and will report to the Berthoud Local Board of Directors. Attendance of the Steering Committee Monthly meetings required.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience managing spreadsheets, internet-based email, and document sharing
- Experience promoting events via social media and other web-based platforms
- Must have own transportation to attend the market weekly
- Leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of and passion for farmers markets and local foods
- Experience with volunteer management
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org